A Recipe For Summer Contentment
Report From PIA – July 25
Or… Reasons to Grow Your Own Vegetables #1
Ingredients: fresh green beans, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, garlic, feta cheese (or fresh mozzarella) olive oil and bread.
- On a Sunday morning, after coffee, go into the vegetable garden and pick beans, cucumbers, tomatoes and basil.
- At lunchtime, slice a clove of garlic and put it into some warmed olive oil to sit while you prepare the salad.
- Steam the beans until just barely done, about two minutes. Dump the hot beans into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain on a clean kitchen towel.
- Peel or don’t peel the cukes according to taste, and chop them into a bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes into the same bowl and add ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese per person.
- Add the beans and chopped basil to the bowl and pour garlic-infused olive oil over the mix. Toss well and serve with the best, freshest bread you have.
- Say thank you for such summer blessings.