Report From PIA – July 26
Reason To Grow Your Own Vegetables – #2
1. Get home from work, and go out to the garden… having a favorite beverage in hand is optional. Pick the summer squash that appeared in the last 24 hours. (I’m partial to the Sunburst Patty Pan and Zephyr because both are extremely productive and have great flavor.) Pick some fresh basil too.
2. Cut the squash into slices about ¼ inch thick and toss them in a bowl with some tablespoons olive oil.
3. Either grill the squash outside, or on a grill pan indoors, for about five minutes per side.
4. Place cooked squash in a bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar. Add coarsely chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with fish, chicken, pasta, or….