Report From An Opinionated Gardener – June 23
I spent the day working on the table arrangements for Kate’s wedding. Here are my thoughts, after completing 45 of the 60 centerpieces.
- I don’t know how any professional florist manages unless he/she has a full time massage therapist on staff. My upper back is killing me.
- Thank God for feverfew. It self seeds everywhere and is the perfect filler for bouquets.
- Fifty Flowers, the on-line company that I ordered roses, Lisianthus. Bouvardia and Trachelium from totally has it’s act together. I’ve used them twice and will order from them again in a heartbeat.
- There are more flowers than there are hours in the day. I haven’t had to cut as much from my garden as I thought I would, but it takes longer to put an arrangement together than I planned for. Fortunately, there is time to complete the remaining bouquets in the morning.
- I’m so blessed to be able to create these for my dear friend’s daughter. She’s a special young woman who deserves the most wonderful flowers. I’m also lucky to have a friend helping me with this…now if I could just find time for that massage therapist.
Tomorrow: The larger arrangement, bride and bridesmaids’ bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres and more.